2017-05-17: title added to greenlight with the title of 'Arena of the Gods'
2017-06-08: status changed from 'Waiting' to 'Greenlit'
2018-03-21: status changed from 'Greenlit' to 'Released'
/// Please note that this game is a work in progress and does not represent the final version of the game.///
After dying what his gods deemed to be a dishonorable death, a knight must fight through countless waves of demons to amass glory, escape purgatory and earn his way into heaven! Do you have what it takes to earn the salvation of your soul?Summary
Slay demons, gain glory, and save your soul in this difficult, action packed, top down, hack n' slash! Every time you challenge the arena, you receive a random weapon that you've unlocked so far. Defeat enemies to earn glory, and purchase new weapons, each with their own unique abilities, playstyles, and movesets!Upcoming Features
- Weekly Updates! New weapons, enemies, arenas, and features every Wednesday!
- HUGE arsenal of weapons to unlock, each one having different and unique abilities! (Not all of them are helpful though!)
- Difficult, but rewarding gameplay. Easy to learn, difficult to master.
- 50 grueling waves of gear craving, demon slaying, action packed gameplay.
- Open development! We as a team guarantee that we will be very vocal about upcoming features, bug fixing, suggestions, and answering various questions about development as a whole.
Specific Goals: (In order of importance)
- More Waves
- More Enemies
- More weapons
- Glory Accumulation/Shop System(Glory is earned from defeating enemies and is used as EXP and Currency for unlocking items in the shop.)
- Loading/Saving System
- Stage Hazards
- Options Menu
- Improved Optimization
- Various Sound Improvements
- Various UI Improvements
- Various Graphical Improvements
To tell you a little more about us, I'm our artist, David Henry. (21) Almost everything visual from models to UI is made by me and I see myself as the creative heart of our duo. Throughout my life I've always had an intense passion for gaming and the second I loaded up Final Fantasy XII for the first time in my PS2 all those years ago I knew that video games are what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.
After growing over the years and teaching myself to model, I met the brilliant coder of our team, Marquis Madden (21) in my junior year science class. We hit it off immediately and he became the backbone of this duo as well as one of my closest friends. He grew up playing Halo on his Xbox and always wanted to create compelling and immersive experiences and by teaching himself to code, we became 2 halves of a whole!
We call that whole, Craptop Studios. Nice to meet you!
- 5/17/2017 - Arena of the Gods v1.0 is now available!
- 5/24/2017 - Arena of the Gods v1.1 Update: First and Foremost!
- New sky, new me!
This one's pretty self explanatory. The old background we had in the scene was way too bright(so bright it glowed!), didn't match the lighting, and distracted from the game so we changed it out for a much better looking one that fits the sunset lighting, and isn't so much of an eyesore.
- Temporary Cage Matches!
The circular areas of the map near the center now have rotating walls that block you in while travelling through them. You can use them to block enemies who are pursuing you, or to cut off enemies from their allies, making them easier to deal with.(or harder if there's a lot of them waiting on the other side) Enjoy your brief cage matches!
- No more "Wait, where did all my health go?"
In an attempt to make what's going on a little more clear, on top of the usual grunt your character makes (that can be pretty difficult to hear when you're not paying attention) your screen will darken around the edges, and have a tiny shake when you take damage. Oh and the edges get darker the more you take damage continuously, so if your screen gets too hectic, it's easy to tell if it's better to fight or run without being forced to look at your health bar which makes figuring out who's giving, and who's receiving the♥♥♥♥♥whoopings is a little more clear.
- More waves than an ocean!
In addition to smaller changes, we also have 5 more waves of enemies, that make the game MUCH tougher than it was before with the base 5. Have fun dying!
That's all for now! Have fun, and I'll see you this coming Wednesday for our next update!
Buy it now and support our development on itch.io!
Want to get a copy of the game AND support our development regularly? Here's our Patreon page!