Discover the digital adaptation of Tokaido, the boardgame phenomenon that has already sold more than 250,000 copies worldwide, and has been translated into 14 languages!
A magnificent voyage
You are a traveler, in the heart of ancient Japan, walking the legendary East Sea road from Kyoto to Edo, trying to make the trek as fulfilling as possible. Discover the most magnificent landscapes, taste numerous culinary specialties, acquire rare and precious souvenirs, bathe in hot springs, visit the temples, and meet other travelers…. Tokaido is a rite of passage for the heart, walking in serenity and contemplation.
But do not be fooled by the peaceful appearance of the voyage, because you will have to demonstrate stronger strategy than your opponents if you want to win!
Whether you sneak along as a messenger, a geisha, or even a ronin, you must discover as many hidden marvels as you can along the road, so your journey is the most satisfying of all!
Discover characters and scenery in a new light!
Developed by Funforge, original publisher of the boardgame, the video game offers an entirely new graphical experience! Whether you are a first-time fan, in love with Japan, or merely a curious newbie, the digital version allows each player to discover the celebrated Tokaido road in a new form.
While Tokaido retains the famous clean graphic design of the boardgame, it offers unprecedented immersive 3D, realtime graphics, all accompanied by a superb and unprecedented soundtrack, composed specifically for the game.
Play anywhere, solo, with two, or with the whole world
Available for smartphones and tablets, Tokaido offers several play modes for infinite replayability:
- Solo against the AI
- Pass & play
- Online multijoueur
Languages supported: French, English, Japanese, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Ukrainian
A worldwide success
- Tokaido, nominated for the Hra roku, in 2014
- Tokaido, nominated for the Golden Geek Best Board Game Artwork, in 2013
- Tokaido, nominated for the Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Nominee, in 2013
- Tokaido, nominated for the Gioco dell’Anno, in 2013
In the press
- Board Game Geek: "This is the most beautiful digital boardgame, I think, that has ever been created."
- The Dice Tower: "That’s a gorgeous looking game."
- Gameosity: "The animations aregorgeous, the gameplay is smooth."
- Dageeks: "…the app looks like it’s going to break the tradition of just bringing the digital experience of playing a board game."
- Gameblog: "Everything has been polished: the UI has been completely redesigned for a video game experience."
- TechArtGeek: "It's beautiful, it flows, it's poetic. To make it short this digital version perfectly completes and honors the board game."
- Ludovox: "Graphically speaking, you have to admit that it's gorgeous, giving credit and honor to the original board game edition."
- Tric Trac: "To me Tokaido is therefore a game that invites to travel, and that is perfectly adapted to be played quietly in family."
- Kiss My Geek: "Everything has been carefully modeled in 3D, the UI is flawless and each feedback goes through well designed ergonomics."