Bevontule is a modern take on the role-playing genre, inspired heavily by Japanese, open-world and tactical RPGs. While we draw from and are happy to list our many 'golden age'-era influences, Bevontule maintains a strong identity, presenting an array of unique gameplay elements that expand upon and innovate beyond many of the systems we ourselves loved as children. KEY FEATURES:
- Mature and highly-detailed plot spanning thousands of years, inspired by games like Xenogears and Shadow Hearts.
- Unique and challenging tactical, turn-based combat system where proper positioning and timing are critical.
- Beautiful 3D environments to discover, explore and conquer, including a massive, JRPG-style overworld.
- Free-roaming enemies with a wide variety of movement patterns, behaviors and habitats; avoid or engage at your own discretion!
- Unrelenting and highly-intelligent enemy AI that can be scaled to various difficulty levels.
- A large cast of interesting characters with defined roles, yet deeply customizable skillsets, with multiple builds for each combatant.
- Enemies learn and level up as you do, accessing new skills, tactics and other ‘enhancements.’
- Unlock, learn and equip from hundreds of combat skills, attribute bonuses, and world-based buffs.
- Scavenge, create and upgrade items with our original skill-based crafting system.
- Integrated bestiary system that rewards discovery, experimentation and exploitation of enemies for rewards.
- Loads of side-quests, optional bosses/areas, and minigames!
As the troubled continent of Onich spirals further into decay, an ancient foe reappears amidst the chaos, offering salvation. Join a diverse cast of characters and the outcast among them, looking perhaps to stave off the looming calamity... or unwittingly hasten its arrival.
In Bevontule, you'll traverse a massive and varied continent, inhabited by war-ravaged nations, rebel factions, impregnable beasts and far-more insidious and unknowable forces. You'll explore expansive plains, aid survivors in ruined towns, delve deeply into caverns, and navigate forbidden ruins--all in the service of discovering the existential threat presently posed to Onich and perhaps humanity itself.
Featuring a challenging and exciting turn-based tactical combat system, much of the tension revolves around the many ways in which characters can master the nuances of their available skill and equipment setups to best dispatch the highly intelligent enemies they will encounter. We do away with grid-based movement and allow the party full range of motion upon the battlefield. Using our dynamic targeting and movement systems, the player can check the outcome of any action from any position by simply freely moving there. Where movement can offer a thin veil of complexity in many RPGs, poor positioning in Bevontule can easily be the downfall of an ill-prepared party.
In addition to keenly positioning your characters, special care must be paid to the types of skills and number of turns spent charging required by each one. While a skill may be powerful, it might not be worth the time to charge it, but in other cases, quick jabs might give enemies time to build up their own devastating skills. To add another layer of strategy, Bevontule employs a 'chain' system in which skills can be executed in rapid succession against a single target to deal even more damage. Enemies, however, are perfectly capable and willing to exploit this to their advantage as well.
Bevontule features a wide variety of attributes, skills, equipment, relics and more, allowing the player to very finely tune their party. Reminiscent of skill systems found in games like Final Fantasy 9 and Star Ocean, character customization provides a plethora of meaningful choices: a player may choose to spend all their points augmenting a single skill's upgrades while another may choose to focus on healing skills.
Bevontule offers a rich crafting and itemization system, employing a strategy mini-game that requires quick thinking and logic skills in order to create the most powerful and rare rewards. Recipes, unique crafting stations and materials can be found in many places: treasure chests, enemy drops, quest rewards and much more.
Bevontule is being developed by Multithreaded Games LLC and has been in active development for nearly two years. The plot and many of the fundamental systems have been fully developed and we are extremely excited to begin upgrading and enhancing our own assets and content. With years of software experience and RPG knowledge under our belts, we believe we are more than equipped to create something truly special with Bevontule and we'd love to have your support!