2017-03-31: title added to greenlight with the title of 'Woodpunk'
2017-04-20: status changed from 'Waiting' to 'Greenlit'
2018-06-20: status changed from 'Greenlit' to 'Released'
WOODPUNK brings you back to the Middle Ages, but with a catch: You are an expert inventor who (stupidly) chose a science career in an era dominated by art majors. Using wood and other scrap material, you’ve made yourself the ultimate tool: A robot that can create weapons.
This grotesque and brut- … uh - This “classy interactive experience” features:
- A wide arsenal of PROCEDURALLY GENERATED WEAPONS, both melee and ranged, with over 1400 possible creations at the time of the game’s launch!
- Battle over a hundred enemies on screen at a time, each with different strategies and fighting styles, along with massive bosses!
- Beauty from destruction: Everything inside the map is destroyable. Trees crumble, boxes explode into the air and entire 2-story buildings collapse. Corpses, pieces of furniture and rubble are all left behind, and can have special gameplay effects later on!
- Play with a friend! Asymmetrical local multiplayer: One player plays the inventor, the other plays the robot, each with their own complementary skills.
- Research new weapon parts to build your custom weapons. Develop and unlock new modules to expand your robot’s combat capabilities or enhance your own.
- Fast-paced, action-packed gameplay with slick and responsive controls in 60 FPS. Prepare to sweat! Oh, and it’s gamepad compatible, of course!
- … And all the yadda-yadda that every other rogue-like has: Random levels, random pickups, all that random generation stuff that you love. Of course, we got that, too!
Forget cybernetics and steam power! Come with us back to the Middle Ages where WOOD is the cutting edge, leading energy source!
Why? Because there’s MACHINEGUNS THAT SHOOT BOMBS. That’s why.