2017-03-16: title added to greenlight with the title of 'Fishing Maniacs'
2017-03-16: title changed from 'Fishing Maniacs' to 'Fishing Maniacs - The Road to Extinction'
2017-06-08: status changed from 'Waiting' to 'Greenlit'
2018-03-30: status changed from 'Greenlit' to 'Released'
Fishing Maniacs is a tower defense game, about 6 weird characters determined to catch all the fish in all the world’s waters - for the right price of course.
When a local chef and restaurant owner offered them to “catch just a few fish” for his ever more hungry, and fish delicacy demanding customers, they didn’t quite realize what kind of adventure they were signing on to, and just how badly it will all end.
- Beat all 14 levels on the region map (just one part of the world map).
- Control 6 maniacal units.
- Upgrade each unit to level 3 (basic, advanced & super attack).
- Unlock 4 additional bonus upgrades when units are at level 3.
- Beat all of the 18 different enemy units.
- Overcome all 5 major bosses.
- Walk your units. Yes, they are mobile.
- Build bridges to cross the rivers and get to inaccessible parts of the levels.
- Use "WASD+mouse wheel" to navigate through the larger levels. It's pretty damn enjoyable actually.
- Or you can just use the mini-map.
- Enjoy 6 completely original music tracks, with live performances on acoustic, electric & bass guitar.
- Watch 10 animated cut-scenes that tell the story of Fishing Maniacs. And this is just part 1 of a 3 part story.
- Expect one free new level every one or two weeks. We have made a great game engine so we can make new levels with relative ease.
- Skill tree for hero upgrades
- Aditional heroes (Amazonian, Baba Yaga...)
- Aditional superheroes (Little mermaid, Puss in boots...)
- New regions with new enemies (Jungles of havoc, Frozen lands, The uncharted island...)
- Funny vehicles for our mischievous antiheroes (a pig for the farmer, a big-foot for the bomber, a unicorn for the girl...)