2017-03-11: title added to greenlight with the title of 'Age of Space'
2017-03-28: status changed from 'Waiting' to 'Greenlit'
2018-07-06: status changed from 'Greenlit' to 'Released'
THE GAME IN A NUTSHELL1. Customize your ships
Use the ship editor to configure your ship setups. The cost of your ship is decided by the combined cost of the ship and all its modules. You can save as many ship configurations as you want but you can only bring 3 of each ship type to the battle.2. Engage in battle
Start a new battle in SP or MP mode. On the battlefield there is a encounter between two motherships. The motherships will immediately start fire at each other when they hit the battlefield. Your job is to:
- Setup mining priorities to best supply you with the minerals you need to buy your ships.
- Deploy fleets that aid your mothership in the destruction of the enemy mothership.
- Aid your fleet by giving them primary targets.
- Know when to push and know when to wait.
- Analyze your enemy. The only way to understand your enemies setup is from visual cues; weapon and module effects. Find a way to counter your enemy!
You need to constantly reevaluate your setup. Each midnight ship, weapon and module prices will adjust according to their usage across the player base. This means that if one particular weapon type or ship type is more commonly used - the price will be upped. This will automatically balance the game over time and you will always have to reconsider your ship setup from time to time.
- ONLINE MULTIPLAYER: Put your skills to the ultimate test playing against other player online. Rank up on the leaderboard and chase the title as the best commander in the galaxy.
- OPTIONAL VR MODE: Experience real time strategy in VR. Watch your fleet from the front row as they devastate the enemy fleet while you act as their tactical commander.
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR FLEET: Customize your fleet by arming your spacecraft with weapons and modules of your choice. Find the ultimate combination to get ahead of your opponent.
- MINING: Get the upper hand by mining the right minerals for building your army. Make sure you try to interrupt the enemy miners to get ahead.
- EASY TO LEARN: Easy to play - difficult to master. Learn new ways to beat the opponent by playing around with your fleet composition.
- AWESOME CINEMATIC MODE: Sit back and watch the battle in the built-in cinematic mode or view the battle from the tactical camera angle.
- Multiplayer and Single Player core gameplay works well.
- Ship customization is currently in development focus but not ready to show off.
- AI works well but needs some more work.
- User interfaces has partially been created but still need a lot of work.
- Content (weapons, modules and ships) needs to be implemented.
- VR "proof of concept" but still early in development.