2017-03-08: title added to greenlight with the title of 'Space Toads Mayhem'
2017-06-07: status changed from 'Waiting' to 'Greenlit'
2018-05-26: status changed from 'Greenlit' to 'Released'
Space Toads Mayhem is an arcade-style, topdown shooter paying homage to classics from the 1980s - some say it tastes like arcade-flavoured ice cream with laser blast sprinkles :)
It's a challenging, reflex-based game, rewarding a player who enjoys fast-paced action and can utilise enemy behaviour to his / her advantage.
- Dodge 'em up style gameplay: constant, skillful player movement is required in order to survive at later stages. Anticipation and skill are key as the player's spaceship is often not fast enough to twitch out of trouble at the very last moment.
- Enemies with a bit of personality: simple emotional states are implemented which affect how enemies behave. For example, each of the enemies chooses to attack the player at a different point in time since being spawned.
- Epic Powerups: Mega Death Sun and Vicious Red Hole are among those making easy work of the incoming hordes.
- Chance for a good drop mechanic: as the player progresses through the level and the difficulty increases, good powerups are harder to find and nasty traps start to appear.
- Arcade-style, challenging action: Due to a degree of unpredictability in enemy behaviour and randomised gameplay elements, it is not possible to truly learn any levels by heart - therefore the player needs to stay focused all the way through every single time.
The game will offer a Campaign including some silly storyline elements and varied levels to beat. There will also be different arcade challenges to complete (some designed for the seasoned coin-op veterans. Removed powerups and maxed out difficulty might be on the menu;)