Sure Footing is a fast and frantic endless running platformer about four friends saving their world from extinction. Their world Computra is under threat from the evil Ramrafstar and his ferocious minion Deletion Dave as they seek to destroy the partitions that hold all of Computra together.
Play as one of our four heroes: Pixel Pete
, Polly Polygon
as they outrun Dave across the disk sectors of Computra: to warn their friends and find a way to stop Ramrafstar before their homeworld is destroyed. Collect MIPs, avoid obstacles and overcome the challenges faced in the distant sectors of Computra.
- Four Playable Characters: Play as Pixel Pete, Polly Polygon, Blip and Plunk - each with their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Visit distant sectors of the world of Computra: Keep running to visit the historic city of K-SAN, the chilly streets of Pixeley and many other distant disk sectors in the world of Computra. Watch out for the weird and wonderful changes these distant sectors bring to the gameplay.
- Customise Your Loadout: Play it your way with a variety of power-ups and buffs that can give you an edge over Deletion Dave. PLUS dress-up in a variety of costumes inspired by the sectors of Computra.
- In-Game Shop: Collect MIPs in-game to unlock even more customisation options: more power-ups, buffs, costumes and trail designs available.
- In-Game Challenges: Win MIPs and level-up your characters as you complete in-game challenges.
- Play At Your Own Speed: Finding the game too taxing? Or simply not hard enough? No problem! Our procedural generation system is designed to tailor itself towards a variety of difficulty settings that allow you to play the game at your own pace.
- Leaderboards and Player Stats: See how you compare up against the rest of the Sure Footing community.
- Single and Multiplayer Challenge Modes: Play challenge levels for one or more players to win MIPs, rare costume sets, or just bragging rights!
blends the best of both classic platforming and infinite runners into a fast and frantic arcade experience.Tommy Thompson
is the designer and programmer for Sure Footing
. Tommy is a senior lecturer in computer science and an AI researcher by day and games developer and YouTuber at night. You've maybe heard his dulcet Scottish tones over on the AI and Games
YouTube channel. Tommy has spent years writing small games to test his research in machine learning algorithms as well as procedural content generation. He's taking inspiration from his academic work to procedurally generate the world of Computra one line of code at a time.Matthew Syrett
has been reponsible for bringing much of the world of Computra to life. Matt has a broad career as an environment artist: ranging from working with oil companies to video game studios. He is now a lecturer in computer game art and hopes to impart at least some wisdom to the next generation of artists. Molly Freeman
is Sure Footing
's lead character artist and a graduate in computer game modelling and animation. She designs all of the character costumes as well as assisting Matt with the creation of some of Computra's distant zones.Charlotte Sutherland
has been working as a 3D animator in the video games industry since 2007 and has worked on titles such as Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed
, Kinect Sports Season Two
, Little Big Planet 3
and several entries in the LEGO
franchise. Alongside her current work as a freelancer, she teaches university classes on game design and animation.Liz Rainsberry
is a composer, musician, audio designer, and sound artist. Initially developing her skills as a guitarist, Liz now predominantly focuses on electronic music and sounds for animated and interactive media. Liz has previously scored titles such as Retool
by Hit-90 Games and Hashtag Dungeon
by Hitpoint Games and is currently working on 29
for Humble Grove and Outreach
by Pixel Spill Games.Verena Riedl
is a game developer with experience in production and marketing and keeps Tommy from saying silly things about Sure Footing
(or anything else for that matter). Verena has managed a number of projects both in her native Austria as well as the UK, including being marketing director of the nucl.ai conference[www.nucl.ai]
You can play a limited demo and buy a key for the first-access build of Sure Footing
right now over on the Sure Footing Itch.io store page[tableflipgames.itch.io]
We're really excited to bring Sure Footing
to the world and by voting for us here on Greenlight you can really help us reach the huge audience of Steam users. Thanks so much for checking out our page! If you like the look of our game, please spread the word and share the link to our game.
If you want to find out more about Sure Footing
, here's a bunch of ways you can do that:
- Check out the Sure Footing Dev Blog on Tumblr[surefootingdev.tumblr.com]
- Visit the Table Flip Games Website[www.tableflipgames.co.uk].
- For press information please visit our press page[www.tableflipgames.co.uk]
- Subscribe to the Sure Footing YouTube Channel.
- Follow Sure Footing on Twitter
- Follow Table Flip Games on Twitter
- Like Table Flip Games on Facebook
You can also follow Tommy