Guard Duty is a point and click adventure game taking place across a rich and diverse fantasy setting. Take control of two protagonists living thousands of years apart, with locations ranging from enchanted forests to dystopian cities of the future. Guard Duty is a game rooted in a Medieval setting, but featuring a unique story where past events drastically influence those of the distant future. The game will be released as a stand-alone title with hundreds of animations, full motion cutscenes and a charming variety of British voice actors. A full stand-alone game spanning across two drastically different time zones
- Past or future, choose your actions wisely. This is not a tale for the faint of heart.Full open world to explore
- Venture past the Deadwoods, head North through the Wildlands or return to Wrinklewood for a swift pint at your leisure.Multiple protagonists
- take control of both Tondbert and Agent Starborn, each with their own unique mechanic for interacting with the world.Hand crafted pixel art
– True to the era, our game is created in a tidy 320x240 resolution and styled like a true 90's point and click. It will look great on your Grandma's CRT.Hundreds of bespoke animations with glorious full screen cutscenes
– All of our art is created by the raw might of one man, so you can be sure that all of the assets will sit perfectly together.Full voice cast
– With Tondbert voiced by our artist and many other characters already cast we're ready to rumble. We record all our sound in-house to the highest quality.Unique music tracks for each of the game's locations
– Our musician has been working closely with our artist to really nail the atmosphere, Wrinklewood alone already features 15 unique songs.Bespoke sound design
- All of our audio has been created specifically for this project, be it the clatter of a goat's hooves or the quaint ambiance of the depths of hell.Integrated 'to-do list' keeps track of current goals and objectives
– Never lose sight of your goal, Guard Duty features a familiar RPG styled quest tracking system.Streamlined inventory system and puzzle design
– Whilst being true to the genre we have also tried to streamline the gameplay experience to match the standards of modern adventure games.
When a teenage apprentice stumbles upon his father’s collection of Demonic literature he learns of a long forgotten ancient ritual, a recipe for destruction, death and the promise of immortality.
‘An exchange of royal virgin blood for an eternity on the throne, to be king of the underworld, ruler of the mortal realm.’
With evil in his eyes, the apprentice embarks on the journey of a lifetime, one reaching far across the depths of time and space.
Take control of the first dynamic duo with a heritage line spanning multiple millennia! Destiny speaks of two men that can stop the young soon-to-be ruler of the world, well, more like one and a half men:Agent Starborn
, time travelling Lieutenant General of the Guardians of New Haven!
, Night’s Watchmen of Wrinklewood, part time drunk and three quarter dwarf.
Wrinklewood is a humble place, catering to folk who appreciate the quite life. With most if it's inhabitants never having stepped outside the town's walls, Wrinklewood provides everything you need to live a fulfilling, xenophobic lifestyle.
Be you man, woman or half-elf of Dregnar descent, you can rest easy in the knowledge that whatever nastiness may lurk outside it's walls, the town will forever be protected by the relentless force of the Guards of Wrinklewood.
Therefore, as you can imagine it came as quite the shock when young Princess Theremin was kidnapped, snatched from right under their noses. A mysterious cloaked stranger had some how found his way inside the great walls and right back out again, in the blink of an eye and taking Theremin with him.
Thus, A hero was born. Where no man, elf or Ogre had the courage, Tondbert Roughskin saw his chance to prove himself. To venture outside and travel North, to save the Princess, for King, Country and maybe even a peck on the cheek.[www.sickchicken.com]
Sick Chicken are two friends working together to make a rockin' adventure game.
We'd love to hear from you! Feel free to get in contact on any of the social platforms below:TwitterFacebookTumblr[sickchickenstudios.tumblr.com]