OverviewTowards The Pantheon
is a top down 2D role-playing game where four unlikely heroes venture through a variety of dangerous regions to find and defeat the source of The Sworn Light
at The Pantheon.
Press"The game looks great and the music is boss."
- Mark McAvoy, www.SuperGamerPodcast.com"Let me just say right off the bat that if you're making an RPG where I get to play as a cat named Bam, you've immediately caught my interest."
- Jared Nelson, www.TouchArcade.com"This ambitious game looks very different from other RPGs — I can’t wait to take on the adventure."
- Jupiter Hadley, www.Playsource.co"[Towards The Pantheon] is looking great with [Connor's] signature music and fervent desire to integrate survival horror elements into an RPG."
- cube_b3, www.Seganerds.com
For a thousand years after the defeat of The Terrorforce
the world has believed itself to be at peace. But a new elite group known as The Sworn Light
has been gaining power and is using divide and conquer tactics to destabilize the world. Tensions are rising between the many races but a young warrior has been called by her elder to journey towards The Pantheon
and stop the destruction of their cultures.
Gone are the RPG clichés of potions, wars between elemental gods, and plots about youngsters who accidentally stumble upon a magic power that allows them to save the world. Instead Towards The Pantheon
is a unique and unusual game that follows Freyja
the warrior, Bam
the cat, Mishima
the cyborg, and Phenez
the ghost on their simultaneously lighthearted, fun, dark, and painful adventure.
Whether it be silent protagonist Freyja
searching for self confidence to overcome her mutism, Bam
wishing he was back home with his stash of catnip, Mishima
’s conflict over whether she must replace her heart with a computer chip in order to fit into her cyberpunk society, or Phenez
’ dark struggle for redemption, Towards The Pantheon
deals with personal and philosophical topics that all players can relate to.
- Ability to switch between the four main characters, each with unique overworld mechanics.
- Turn based combat system where each character has unique battle mechanics.
- A Card/Combo system that allows collectible cards and combos found throughout the world to be used during battle.
- A huge fully connected overworld with an interconnecting transportation system.
- More than 10 regions to explore including lush forests, freezing planes of snow, cyberpunk cities, barren wastelands, and an abandoned mansion.
- Dialog and support systems that allow for further character development and stat boosts.
- An original soundtrack that combines modern production techniques with SNES/GBC/Genesis era synthesizers.
- A unique and complex overarching story line that ties together more than 5 races spread over 10 regions, each contributing to a deep and rich lore.
is a young warrior who has yet to find her self confidence and as a result has yet to say a word in her life. She is loved by her kin for her passion, dedication, and warm heart. Freyja
has been chosen by her elder Wuotan to journey towards The Pantheon
and defeat the source of The Sworn Light
. Her years of training and hard work can be seen in her impressive melee attack abilities. Freyja
‘s battle system uses Health Points (HP) and Stamina Points (SP). Health Points represent her ability to continue fighting. When Freyja
‘s HP falls to zero, she will faint and become unable to battle. When Freyja
attacks she uses her Stamina Points. Stamina Points are regenerated at the start of every new turn and can be recovered by using items such as Coffee or certain Card Combos.Bam
is a cat who longs for adventure outside of his university studies. He is known around his town for his whimsical and comical ways, playing pranks on fellow cats, and always going back to get seconds during breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner… and midnight snacks. While he has basic attack skills, Bam
‘s strength shines through in his ability to heal and cure both himself and his team mates. Bam
‘s battle system uses Health Points (HP) and Energy Points (EP). Health Points represent his ability to continue fighting. When Bam
‘s HP falls to zero, he will faint and become unable to battle. When Bam
attacks or casts a spell, he uses his Energy Points. Energy Points can be recovered by having Bam
sleep for a turn, by using items such as Coffee or Catnip, and certain Card Combos.Mishima
is a cyborg residing in the outskirts of her cyberpunk society from which she has been ostracized. She has not yet decided whether or not to replace her organic heart with a computer chip and as a result struggles with acceptance from her cyborg peers. Although she can often leave a first impression of being shy and distant, Mishima
will open up to the right people when comfortable. Mishima
has a cybernetic arm that allows her to hack computers, pick locks, and attack in a variety of deadly ways. Mishima
‘s battle system uses Central Processing Unit Points (CPU) and Graphics Processing Unit Points (GPU). CPU Points represent Mishima
‘s hard drive status and ability to keep fighting. As Mishima
‘s CPU Points decrease, her hard drive becomes corrupted and she may accidentally attack her team mates or even herself. When her CPU Points fall to zero, she is unable to continue in battle. When Mishima
attacks she uses her GPU Points. Just like Graphics Processing Units, Mishima
is able to decide how many cores to use when attacking. This means that she can use the same attack on any number of enemies at the same time, but this will use more GPU Points. GPU Points can be recovered by using special memory management scripts as well as Items and Card Combos.Phenez
is a ghost from the dark past. He was a part of the army led by legendary warrior Aeternatus
, but was unable to fulfill his duties to himself and his people. In his search for redemption and honor, Phenez
joins the party and offers his skills in invisibility and dark magic. Phenez
‘ battle system uses Necro Points (NP). Necro Points represent his ability to continue fighting. When Phenez
‘s NP falls to zero, he will faint and become unable to battle. When Phenez
attacks he also uses his Necro Points. This means that his attacks are self destructive, and careful decisions must be made when choosing Phenez
‘ attacks. Phenez
‘ Necro Points can be replenished by using certain Items and Card Combos.
Pixel ArtClick here
to check out our pixel artist Leandro Tokarevski[tokartsmedia.com]
's YouTube Playlist full of sped up videos showing the creation of our pixel art!