is an open world, social game providing users with the opportunity to hang out in an absolutely breathtaking, and ever expanding environment.
Featuring a large, gorgeous landscape, players can enjoy exploring Capsa’s many areas with all their friends. Developed using the most up-to-date technology, Capsa is designed to take full advantage of current hardware, providing an awesome, high-resolution experience. Full gamepad support is provided with the intention of also supplying complete VR support (Prioritising HTC Vive, details on other headsets later).
Players can express their individuality through the advanced customization features as well as enjoy streaming videos and music, with all their friends, in their personalized home theatres, at one of the many dance clubs, or various hangouts available.
Capsa’s initial map has been designed to submerse players in an exotic and breathtakingly beautiful, south Pacific archipelago. This rich and vibrant world offers:
- Amazing, 4K ultra-high-definition surroundings brought to life using physical based rendering and substance technologies in the very powerful Unreal Engine 4,
- Immersive ambiance which sets the perfect atmosphere for players to hang out and enjoy one another’s company,
- Expansive 20 Km2 map providing the perfect landscape for countless hours of fun-filled exploration and capable of supporting huge groups of players at any given time.
One of the major concepts behind Capsa is providing the user with a tremendous number of customization options, affording each individual the ability to be truly distinct.
- Stunning and exceptionally customizable, 4K Ultra-high-definition characters provide users the freedom to create something absolutely unique.
- Extensive clothing options are available, offering individual users a wide range of possibilities to express their personality and great taste,
- Decorate one, or more, of the numerous beautiful homes using the wide assortment of furniture and decor available.
- Create that truly unique look and feel via the vast number of available home and furniture customization options,
- Watch, share and enjoy streamed music from a range of virtual devices.
- Host movie nights with friends, taking advantage of streaming video from a variety of popular services through virtual televisions and home theatre systems.
Clubs and social areas:
- Fun, invigorating areas offer a venue to meet new people and hang out together
- Vibrant, in-game dance clubs provide the perfect venue to strut your stuff on the dance-floor or listen to music with your friends
- Laid back and relaxing beaches that immerse players into a virtual paradise, to enjoy basking in the tropical sun, or chilling around a late night fire by the water with friends,
Planned Steam & Steamworks Features
If accepted onto Steam, Capsa will support a variety of Steamworks features, including:
- Workshop: share characters and clothing configured with the in-game tools with the community.
- Steamcloud: all your save-game files in the cloud so you never have to worry about losing them again.
- Steam Server Browser : to make the life the utmost easiest to everyone will allow people to invite their friends via their steam friends list and browse for servers using the steam server browser.
- Steam Achievements & Stats: any in-game accomplishments or challenges completed will be able to be shown off and compared with other players. Can you collect them all?
- SteamVR: We would like to integrate VR via steam, with support for at least HTC Vive.
- Steam Controller: will work entirely out of the box with full gamepad UI support.
- Trading Cards: and of course, trading cards will be included!
Massively online worlds, hosted by the player
- Users will be offered the ability to host their own dedicated servers, allowing player counts of at least 64 players.
- Listen server support will also be provided. So, if a user simply wishes to be in a world with only a few friends, they can host a server on the same machine they are playing on, which will, perhaps, support 8 to 16 players, without any complex processes. Just host, invite friends via chat, and play! Why can’t it always be that simple?
- Developer hosted servers will be available in each region scaled to accommodate a number of users on demand.
Do feel free to ask questions, I will save some of the common questions and answers here so you don't have to trail through comments to find my replies :)
What will it cost?
We are thinking 19.99 GBP which is about 20-25 USD going by currency conversion. This may be subject to change.
Are there any subscription fees or is this a one off purchase?
There are no subscription fees required for playing Capsa, no ‘Premium’ model and no in-game currency model. Just like buying a regular game from Steam.
When do you plan on releasing?
Sometime in the fall, we are liking September but specific details will be made available nearer the time.
Will there be vehicles?
We plan for vehicles yes (this will be the perfect game for it) but we aren’t sharing much in the way of details on that at this time. But to start with things like boats, sailing will be the first thing we are looking at.
Linux, Mac OS, Steam OS etc.
We would like to do all of those yes (with Steamplay support and cross platform multiplayer) but as we are a small team we can’t guarantee we will have them all supported for launch so not saying anything beyond Windows support for now (for launch). We use UE4 engine which does support these platforms – so if not in at launch you can be sure we will be looking at that for some time after.
What languages will you support?
Well beyond English we will be looking at German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Chinese, but we can’t make any promises about whether these will be included at launch at this time, more details will follow closer to launch.
This is something we would like to support, are quite keen on it actually. We use UE4 which does support VR. However no details on which hardware will be supported at this time beyond HTC Vive, which is our priority focus.
Which engine do you use?
Unreal Engine 4.
How big is your team?
Just the two of us working on this project. We have quite a lot of ambition on where to take it beyond outlined features, but our priority is just to see what we’ve mentioned to launch and have a stable product and foundation to build upon later.
Is this multiplayer exclusive?
You can play locally without requiring to be online and nothing is retricted to multiplayer. Though most the fun will be in playing the game with friends or being in a world with other people.
How big is your team?
Just the two of us working on this project.Capsa on IndieDB