Shoot, kick, and detonate your way through a post tech apocalyptic wasteland where robots reign terror upon the resourceful Scrappers. Scrap foes, unlock weapons, play alone or with friends and take back the world.
Scrap is a free to play, 3D, action, twin stick, shooter that offers single player and local co-op experiences. Play as a Scrapper, fighting your way through a multitude of robot foes, utilizing tactical teamwork and makeshift weapons. Suggested Age: 13+ Comic Violence, Animated Blood.
Before the tech apocalypse, the humans built a perfect city where robots did all the work. It did not take long for technology to turn against protocol and begin taking the lives of their human counterparts. Twenty years later, the robot uprising fell apart with no way to service the larger machines. Civilization became a trail of broken metal on desolate highways. There are very few humans left, and the only ones brave enough to traverse these barren wastelands are called Scrappers.
Four Action Packed Missions
Travel through the winding desert wastes, through run down highways and train yards, to a robot graveyard. Many challenging obstacles stand between you and a goal of collecting scrap to build more powerful weapons for protection from robots. Replay each mission as many times as you want to collect more scrap or to try and perfect your run through each of the missions.
Four Unique Enemy Classes
Four different styles of enemy combat to keep Scrappers on their toes:
- Swarmers are not a threat alone but bring danger in large rushing numbers.
- Kamikazes run directly for the Scrapper, forcing to reprioritize which enemy to scrap first.
- Rifle Bots Attack Scrappers from a distance, changing positioning on the ground.
- Sniper Bots force Scrappers to stay mobile and punishes non awareness of environment.
Use destructively fun and dangerous environments to your advantage, altering the surroundings by taking out bridges, sniper watch towers, obstructive crates, and explosive barrels. Among the standard enemy forces, make sure to watch out for hidden pit falls, landmines, electric fences, and even a train or two.
Thirteen Quirky Weapons
Take on and turn your foes into collectible scrap, using their rusted bolts to buy new and improved weaponry after or during a mission. Scrappers are masters of ingenuity and their punny but effective weapons show it. Collect and mix and match 4 throwable explosives with 9 unique weapons in order to take down hordes of robots to your liking.
4 Person Multiplayer
Make mayhem with up to four friends in local co-op. The more Scrappers on a mission, the higher the difficulty and number of enemies standing in your way. Make sure to pay attention for which end of the gun your friends are on because friendly fire is inevitable.
Raw Surf Rock 'n' Roll
Crank up the volume and rock on to a high energy soundtrack created by The Welzeins
. Make sure to check out their work at The Welzeins Band Camp[thewelzeins.bandcamp.com]
Other Cool Scrap
- Xbox 360 Controller Support.
- The game will be 100% free, no in game purchases.
- Continued development to add more missions and other fun content!
Scrap is made by a team of 14 University of Central Florida Students under the temp pseudo name Top Shelf Studios. To several team members, Scrap is their final senior project under a Digital Media of Game Design degree. We are still continuing development, adding even more features to Scrap in the coming months!
Top Shelf Studios
- Tyler Quillen - Producer & UI Programmer
- Alexander Frant - Tech Lead & FX Lead
- Zackary Henderson - Lead Designer & Programmer
- Brian Chan - Programming & Design
- Tevin Meredith - Programming & Design
- Yasiman Ahsani - Creative Director & Tech Artist
- Patricio Delgado - Art Lead & Animator
- Alina Alikhanyan - Animator & 3D Artist
- Alex Boyd - Concept & Texture Artist
- Jordan Brown - 3D & Texture Artist
- Trevor Goodwin - Character & Environment Artist
- Payton Pellitteri - Concept & Texture Artist
- Melissa Scharf - 3D / 2D & Marketing Artist
- Nathan Trimboli - Marketing Lead & UI Designer
- Jenna Benefiel - P-Nut Concept Artist
- The Welzeins - Soundtrack Creators
- Gideon Shbeeb - Overseeing Teacher
Thank you very much for your interest in Scrap! Make sure to vote yes and share us with friends!
We ask that you follow us on Steam and social media for future news and updates:
If you have any questions, we encourage you to leave a message below.
Thank you again and enjoy Scrap!