2016-12-10: title added to greenlight with the title of 'Chess'
2016-12-28: status changed from 'Waiting' to 'Greenlit'
Chess is a game made with CRYENGINE focused on experienced chess players.
The game is not finished yet but you can try a playable demo from my webpage at http://www.ochounos.com/chess
The main features are:
- Latest CRYENGINE version: supports the latest version available (currently 5.2.3)
- Different moves format: you can use SAN, PCN or LAN format. You can hide the moves panel.
- Free camera: you can freely translate and rotate the camera. Includes also 8 predefined cameras.
- Board 2D: to make easier visually to follow the game.
- Currently works with Stockfish 8 as chess engine.
- Helpers: showing available moves over the board, last move and suggested move.
Planning features are:
- Playing online: you can play against other remote players or friends.
- More UCI engines: other engines like Houdini, Critter or Rybka are being added.
- Load / save games: allowing to continue later or pass the game to another friend.
- More options: configuring engines, interface and gameplay.
- Different environments: nice environments, tables and pieces sets.
- Simultaneous games: playing at the same time on multiples games like chess masters.
- Full screen 2D board and some strategic multiple moves on board.