2016-11-14: title added to greenlight with the title of 'Curse Of Yendor'
2016-12-28: status changed from 'Waiting' to 'Greenlit'
2017-01-25: status changed from 'Greenlit' to 'Released'
A Classical rogue-like with modern gameplay, focusing on tactical combat and terrain deformation.
"Your nemesis has found the Amulet of Yendor... Defeat him before he ascends to God-Hood!"
- Explore vast procedural dungeons, forests, swamps, and towers
- Dig through walls, burn trees, freeze rivers, and cause earthquakes
- Defeat hordes of powerful monsters
- Complete mini-quests on each floor to gain permanent rewards
- Solve puzzles to unlock unique artifacts
- Total support for keyboard and mouse control
- Deep tactical combat with complex vulnerabilities and resistances
- Discover infinite play mode
is a major mechanic. Knock down the walls with your earthquake spell, find a hidden forest, burn it down, and freeze the acid surrounding a treasure-filled island! (Just be careful you don't set yourself on fire, or accidentally release a horde of out-of-depth monsters :D )
Some of you are thinking "Hey, that art looks familiar". And you're right. I work directly with David Gervais
, the man who created many of the classic rogue-like tilesets. But he's going the extra mile with "Curse of Yendor", putting a modern spin on his classic artwork.
"Curse of Yendor" is in the final round of beta. It is feature-complete and bug-free. It is also being released on Android and Amazon as soon as the Greenlight begins. But this is not
a PC port of a mobile game...
"Curse of Yendor" is written in App Game Kit
, which allows porting to many major platforms with the push of a button. I pushed that button, and found that my PC game runs great on phones and tablets too!
So if you're looking for a REAL rogue-like (turn based, grid based, procedural, perma-death, tactical, looting, hack'n'slash, etc.) that you can really get into, "Curse of Yendor" is it... vote now!