Tale of Toast is an open world MMORPG with hardcore PvP mechanics and where dying actually means something, and is inspired by old school MMORPGs and boardgames. Experience battles throughout the entire world against other players and guilds with the goal to take their items upon killing them, and risk losing your own upon your death.
The Tale of Toast is going to be a non-pay-to-win, free-to-play MMORPG with an in game shop. The in-game shop will be restricted to cosmetics only that offers no in-game advantages (different skins for armors, weapons, hair styles, vanity pets, etc.).
The peaceful, once flourishing lands of Astaria started to succumb to the darkness seeping into the world. Worry and fear can be seen on the faces of the Astarians, with the future of the kingdom now unknown. In an effort to save his lands and stop the darkness before too late, the king has rallied his guards and called all adventurers within his land -- find the root of the darkness and defeat it. The time has come to defend Astaria. It is the time when your adventure begins, defender of Astaria!
Some of the Features
- Old school MMORPG combat system (see section below).
- Huge open world in a single zone with towns, cities, forests, fields, winter areas, desert areas, volcanoes, mines, and dungeons.
- Day/Night cycles which affects things such as quests and enemies.
- Weather system.
- Expansive spell system based around a spell tree.
- Lots of character customizations and emotes.
- Weapon and armour with varying quality and stats buffs.
- Large variety of trade skills such as wood cutting, fishing, mining, smithing, cooking, etc.
- Multiple dungeons with bosses.
- Quests with main focus on quality over quantity.
- Wide range of weapons and armour.
- Duelling between players where you can chose the stakes of winning and losing the fight.
- Play with your game controller.
- Big variety of pets.
- Many different mounts.
- Large amount of unique enemy types.
- ... and much more.
We currently have the following trade skills for you to excel in:
The combat system is a mixture between real-time and strategy. When you initiate melee combat with a player or enemy, both players are locked for three rounds of fighting before they are able to run or stay fighting. Rounds are handled automatically by the game, and the decision you as a player have is what type of combat stance you want to fight in during the fight. Spells and Magic are real-time, which means you can for example shoot an arrow at an enemy and then attempt to kite them.
Player versus Player
You can initiate combat with other players throughout the entire world, with the exception being the starting zone where you cannot fight with other players. There are however guards in cities and towns who will try to stop brawls between players.
- You can only initiate combat with players that are either above your combat level, or a maximum of three levels below your combat level.
- Your combat level is calculated based on an average of your attack skills.
- You have three types of melee attack skills (accuracy, strength and defence).
- Attacking a player who has not attacked you in the last 15 minutes, means you get a skull above your head for 30 minutes.
- If you kill another player with a skull, they will drop their equipped items and inventory. They do however keep their gold so they can purchase new gear.
- If you kill another player without a skull, they will keep their three best items but drop the rest of their equipped items and inventory items. They do however keep their gold so they can purchase new gear.
When fighting monsters, any amount of players can join in on the melee fight, but when two players are fighting each other through melee then no other player can initiate melee combat with either of the two players before they break up the fight. Other players are however able to provide assistance in the form of ranged or magic spells.
To shoot at a player or monster you need a ranged weapon (such as a bow), and the required ranged ammunition (for example arrows). Ranged combat is great if you are playing in a party with a melee fighter, as it means you can shoot at the same player or monster that the melee fighter is currently fighting.
Using Magic together with a melee fighting friend is a great combination as it allows you to use magic spell on the players or monsters that the melee fighter is attacking, or to heal/buff your party member.
You gain magic points by using magic, which then allows you to place magic points in a spell tree. Perhaps you want to focus on gaining more powerful healing spells, or attack spells from subtrees such as ice or fire?
Over the past years, we've poured our hearts and souls into Tale of Toast to make it as great and enjoyable as possible, and we are hoping we can soon let you experience it as well.
We appreciate your visit to our Greenlight page and ask that if you like what you see, to leave feedback and tell your friends!
Who are We?
Tale of Toast is a game created by two guys living on opposite sides of the world, in Sweden and USA. We've been collaborating for many years on various projects and games, which then brought us to making Tale of Toast. Between us we have experience and having worked at companies such as Blizzard Entertainment and from working in the academic world.Website[taleoftoast.com]Steam Community GroupDiscord[discord.gg]FacebookTwitter
With kind regards,
Austin and Fredrik
CPU: Intel Core i3 or equivalent.
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 or equivalent.
CPU: Intel Core i5 or equivalent.
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 or equivalent.