2016-07-23: title added to greenlight with the title of 'Battle for Wesnoth'
2016-07-26: status changed from 'Waiting' to 'Greenlit'
2018-04-27: status changed from 'Greenlit' to 'Released'
Enter the realm of Wesnoth! Fight to regain the throne, of which you are the legitimate heir. Battle against the undead hordes of an invading Lich. Delve deep into the depths of the earth on a quest to craft a Sceptre of Fire. Cross the oceans as the first settlers of a new land. Or guide a ragtag group of survivors across the desert wastes as the unrelenting suns scorch the earth. The choice is yours...
The Battle for Wesnoth
is a turn-based tactical strategy game with a high fantasy theme, featuring...
- Over two hundred unit types, sixteen races, seven major factions, and hundreds of years of history
- Sixteen exciting, full-length campaigns
- Multiplayer and co-op (LAN or hotseat) support
- Support for creating your own exciting scenarios, maps and campaigns
- A large, dedicated community of fans and modders
Developed as an open source game since 2003 by a group of volunteer developers with support from the community, we're finally hoping to release on Steam! As it has always been, the game will be absolutely free, and any updates to the game will be distributed both via Steam and our other distribution channels. We update the game constantly, delivering new features and bug fixes.
You can download the game right now to try it out here:
Additional resources can be found here: