is a psychological horror game, inspired by games such as Limbo & The Cat Lady.
With a deep focus on storytelling both direct, indirect & on unique features.
Utilizing a point and click interact system. Combining aspects of different genres & innovative mechanics, such as time travel & paranormal events.
You shape the story, you have the ability to make dramatic changes.
You play a lost girl, which discovers her mother has gone into deep coma for unknown reasons. Upon discovering the horrific news, you decide to end you're own life.
But when you wake up, you are faced with the purgatory world of Deadwood.
Engulfed by the mysterious forest that keeps changing shape and form, you soon realize its a dead end.
Overwhelmed by the journey, that challenges every emotion, life experience's & mental illness you suffer from.
You encounter strange characters & entities, which you later get to decide the fate of.
As you learn of your newfound time travel abilities in this world.
Figure out why you are stuck here in a loop, solve the mystery of what really happened to your mother.
Did you kill yourself for nothing?
• Atmospheric dark environment
• Interesting new mechanics, including time travel & paranormal events
• Some levels are random generated & endless while other's are not
• Smooth platformer controls
• Non-linear gameplay & 7 chapters in the full game
• Chapters based upon different emotions / mental illnesses
• Each chapter will be around 30 minutes, full game around 3-4 hours, pricetag will be around 5.99 - 9.99€ (Not final)
• Chapters are unlocked and can be replayed
• Character thought system & object/npc interact system
• Point and click interact system
• Secret area's / secret NPC's to talk to
• Captivating storytelling both direct and indirect
• Advanced multiple choice question/answer dialogue system that changes story
• Multiple different endings to the game
• High quality sound effects & ambiance made by composers.
• Original soundtrack as featured in greenlight trailer. Created by Chris Wirtz the creator of Elder Scrolls Online's piano medley
• Custom input support & advanced settings
• Possible multiplatform development depends on the future
The chapters are based off the main characters life experience/emotions/mental illnesses.
Short overview (subject to change)
• Chapter 1
“The awakening” Theme:
• Chapter 2
“Isolation years” Theme:
• Chapter 3
“The trees have eyes” Theme:
Anxiety, fear, phobias”
• Chapter 4
“A glimpse of hope” Theme:
• Chapter 5
“Mind of the mind killer” Theme:
• Chapter 6
“Death is life, life is death” Theme:
• Chapter 7
“The end of all things to come” Theme:
“Death & rebirth”
I am a programmer, artist and it-support tech guy, but most of all im a indie game developer.
It is my passion and the one thing i truly want to do, i have been working on my games for 4+ years.
I have learned a lot through the process, and i generally work alone.
I have some connection's, and i outsource some of my workload, in order to be able to produce a better game faster.
I have a official web page but i generally update most on indiedb, if you wanna follow my work.
The game has not finished development yet, but it is scheduled to be released either as full version or on early access around late August.
I promise to deliver a unique terrifying game & have high hopes for Deep Rest!
Thank you for your support & vote!