Developed in a top secret lab over the course of the past eighteen months, RGCD.DEV’s Pan-Dimensional Conga Combat
is a rhythm-synchronised, old-school, score-chasing arcade game that plays like some alien coin-op from another dimension. Grab your Conganoid and join the Elder Gods in the competitive ceremonial slaughter of annoyingly happy (yet extremely deadly) geometric, pan-dimensional critters!Conga Combat
is not a typical arena-shooter. Defend yourself against the pan-dimensional 'critters'
using your bullet tail, close enemy portals by looping around them and charge up your hyper-destructive mega-lazor by laying a path of bullets in front of the mindless, drifting 'purploids'
. Oh, and stay the hell out of the way of the 'EVIL X'
- those dudes are BAD news!
Combining trippy visual effects and coffee-break sized bytes of hardcore action, Conga Combat
can be played solo in either arcade
or survival mode
plays like a typical coin-op, with the player starting from the beginning each game, jumping from dimension to dimension by achieving the ever-growing kill-quota on each stage. Alternatively, the 'pure' survival
mode sees the player facing an endless horde of increasingly aggressive geometric critters in a single arena for as long as they can.
Got some people over for a gaming session? We've got you covered with our old-school, timed local-multiplayer mode where you can battle your against your friends and family for high-score supremacy!Conga Combat
- Rhythm-synchronized arcade action!
- Eye-popping visual effects!
- Fast-paced play sessions that are perfect for that coffee-break adrenaline blast!
- Two different single-player modes from which you can unlock the game's four dimensions!
- Local multiplayer high-score battle mode for up to four players!
- Four-track Renoise OST of heavy-weight acid/chip/funk breaks composed by Ilija 'iLKke' Melentijevic!
- A playable tutorial to explain those non-obvious alien game mechanics in full!
- Xbox 360 controller support (in addition to cursors, z/y and x)!
Further features that will be added to Steam version of the game if successfully Greenlit:
- Full online scoreboard integration, allowing you to compete against your Steam friends and show off your global ranking :)
- Full Steam achievement integration
Get the Game Now!
The game is already complete and will be available to buy for Windows (other platforms to follow) over at Game Jolt
for $4.99 on the 11th May 2016, 12:00 EST. Please note that any purchases made will be honoured with a Steam key if the game is Greenlit and released on Steam.
Artwork by Folmer Kelly
(Wrassling, Battle Golf, Hot Tin Roof
) and music and additional pixels from Ilija 'iLKke' Melentijevic
(One More Line/Dash, OTTTD, Cat Astro Phi
). Developed using GameMaker: Studio, with GML wizardry by Jamie Howard and James Monkman at RGCD
Recommended System Specs (Windows)
Note: the above specs are based on the oldest/worst machines that we have access to that the game still runs at 60FPS+ on. As a more simple reference, it runs at full frame rate on a Dell Inspiron M5040 laptop that I bought back in 2012 for around £300.
- Windows 7 (or above)
- 1.65 GHz Dual Core Processor (or better)
- 2GB RAM
- AMD Radeon HD 6320 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 (or better)
- Up to date installation of DirectX