2016-05-01: title added to greenlight with the title of 'Head Shot'
2016-05-01: title changed from 'Head Shot' to 'Introduction to World Machine'
2016-06-03: item has been marked as Incompatable
2016-06-04: item has been marked as Compatable
2016-06-09: item has been marked as Incompatible
2016-06-09: item has been marked as Compatible
2016-06-21: item has been marked as Incompatible
2016-06-21: item has been marked as Compatible
2016-06-27: item has been marked as Incompatible
2016-06-27: item has been marked as Compatible
2016-07-05: item has been marked as Incompatible
2016-07-05: item has been marked as Compatible
2016-07-11: item has been marked as Incompatible
2016-07-11: item has been marked as Compatible
2016-08-04: item has been marked as Incompatible
2016-08-04: item has been marked as Compatible
2017-01-10: status changed from 'Waiting' to 'Greenlit'
Introduction to World Machine
is a video tutorial series that covers everything you need to put you on a solid foundation to construct your own high quality terrains for film, VR, or video games.
Guaranteed to be the most exhaustive fundamental overview of World Machine's toolset online, I'll cover the effects of each node and how it can be used, and we'll give special coverage on the Advanced Perlin and Layout generators as well as Macro construction. No philosophy here or long-winded explanations; just functional and practical instruction to help you achieve your goals. Once complete, you'll also learn how easy it is to take your World Machine creation, texture it, and bring it into the Unity 5
and the Unreal
At the end of the course, you will not just learn World Machine, you'll understand how other procedural texturing systems can benefit you. Users of Substance Designer
or Filter Forge
may feel right at home in World Machine.
Best of all: A licensed copy of World Machine is not required!
Download a very capable free version from World Machine's Website.
What am I Getting with My Purchase?
- 28 Lectures and about 3.5 hours of video
- Create high resolution, highly detailed terrains for rendering or game development
- Texture terrains based on World Machine's masking and coloring devices.
- Gain confidence in which node achieves the desired result.
- Assemble macros to simplify terrain construction and keep graphs clean.
- Understand what all the values within all the nodes actually do to the terrain.
- Download Required Course Content
Section 2: The User Interface
- User Interface Overview
- Navigating the Device View
- Rendering the Terrain
- Generators: What do they Do?
- All About the Layout Generator
- Advanced Perlin Generator In-Depth
- Combiners: Blending Procedural Data
- Filters: Manipulating Terrain Data
- Natural: Applying Nature's Effects to Your Terrain
- Output: Exporting Terrain Data
- Selectors: Masking for Effect
- Converters: Generating New Data
- Parameters and Flow: Driving the Procedural Inputs
- Tools and Favorites: Workflow Enhancements
- Getting the Scale Right: Setting Extents and Resolution
Section 3: Building the Alpine Terrain
- Creating the Shape
- Developing the Ground
- Adding Small Details
- Fundamentals of Coloring the Terrain
- Creating Macros for Frequently Used Graphs
- Final Color Techniques
- Using Textures in World Machine
Section 4: Exporting World Machine DataSetting Up the Splat Map and Export
World Machine to Unity Pipeline
World Machine to Unreal Engine Pipeline
Section 5: Last Thoughts
- Included Scenes and Techniques in World Machine