Batch 17 is an action / exploration game with physical, environmental puzzles set on the mining asteroid colonies of Sigma 6. Every new piece of loot gives you access to a new section of the world for you to explore and conquer, and with no loading times, you're always encouraged to see what you may have missed.
When you awoke in bed on the day you were born, you immediately asked aloud where you were. The doctors were stunned, you hadn't been implanted with memories of speech; you shouldn't even be able to speak! From there things got stranger as you immediately knew how to use firearms and remembered areas of the asteroids that no one had even mapped. Not knowing what else to do, they sent you to the surface. Watched closely, and desparate for answers, you set out to find the source of your memories.
The single player campaign consists of a story driven plot that spans 8 asteroid mining colonies and pits you in between warring factions of the enslaved clone workers and the company soldiers who keep them in line.
The multiplayer system allows you to team up with your friends to take out especially tough monsters for better loot. Or if you're feeling lucky, flag your instance for PVP and open yourself up to invasion by other players, even when offline! Get revenge on invaders by tracking them back to their own instance and get your friends to help wreak havoc on their world!
Everyone loves mods, right? Batch 17 was built from the ground up to be a mods based game, and the game itself is built on that same engine. In addition to in game !COMMANDS (Single player only), The game will be freely moddable by anyone who wishes to have access and you can even upload custom maps and play them with friends or use them as PVP battlegrounds. An instructional video tutorial has been uploaded to youtube to help walk players through creating their own mods for the game and send them to the server to be shared with the world. (It only take a few minutes!)
Batch 17 has been in development for a little over two years and thanks to its modular system and online world persistence, there is never a reason to stop creating content! In game events, special loot, one time maps, its all possible! Feature list!
1. Fully persistent online world including Loot and Damage
2. Destructible environments
3. Custom Simulation Based AI
4. Upgradeable loot and customizable character based on loot
5. Puzzles to be solved with new loot, for re-discoverable areas
6. A variety of locales to search out, explore and demolish
7. Persistent Player instances for COOP / Versus PVP
8. Fully functional, continuously improved modding toolkit that is available to anyone who plays
9. Hosting of mods so you can play levels with friends (or anyone)
10. A way to continuously stream out new enemies and locations without re-downloading the game
11. Amazon AWS Hosted load balanced multiplayer services (East and West US for now)