2016-02-04: title added to greenlight with the title of 'Blood will be Spilled'
2016-02-11: status changed from 'Waiting' to 'Greenlit'
2016-06-03: item has been marked as Incompatable
2016-06-04: item has been marked as Compatable
2016-08-06: item has been marked as Incompatible
2016-08-06: item has been marked as Compatible
2018-06-09: status changed from 'Greenlit' to 'Released'
Blood will be Spilled is a spaghetti-western-themed 2D action platformer taking place in a world inhabited by insects. You follow the story of Jack, a mosquito gunslinger, on his quest for revenge.
But revenge is like a chilli - to make it good, Jack needs the right ingredients. A bit of money - from all the collected bounties; few friends, that could help him in the time of need; his own skills and abilities; and most of all shallow graves for all those who would stand in his way. The only question is: Are you going to be the Good, the Bad, or the Ugly?
Jack is a mosquito, a bounty hunter… or at least what’s left of him. He used to ride in a gang, but the men he trusted betrayed him, broke him, beat him and left him to perish out in the wastelands. But he somehow managed to survive. And that’s quite bad news for some. Because Jack will have his revenge and he’ll hunt down the ones that did him wrong. And you can be sure that once he’ll get them, blood will be spilled...
The story takes place around the town of Driftwood, five years after Jack was left for dead by his own compatriots. After his arrival in the town, Jack soon finds out that things will be a little more complicated than he originally thought.
- Cover mechanic - During shootouts, Jack can hide behind a cover to reload bullets or just to take a little break from all the shooting.
- Reloading - Every bullet counts. If you take an empty gun to a gunfight or will shoot without thinking and aiming properly, it’s quite possible that you’ll trade your pistol for a coffin. Because reloading takes time and that’s a precious commodity once there are bullets flying all around you.
- Duels - If there’s one thing, that’s really iconic for the spaghetti western genre, it’s the wind tower making a really ugly squeaky noise when it turns. And right there in the second place, we have duels, or standoffs. Some of the boss battles will be done in this way, rewarding speed and precision. But duels are a tricky business - pull out your gun too soon and you’ll be forever remembered as a dishonorable scumbag, draw too late and you might not get a chance to draw your gun ever again.
- Bloodsucking - Sucking blood is what mosquitoes are best known for and it’s no different with Jack (in the world of BWBS, also mosquito males can suck blood). The blood is then used to fuel his powerful abilities.
- Skills - Jack will be able to choose from three different skill trees - the good, the bad and the ugly, each with its own special abilities. For good guys, acting faster than anybody is the way to go, bad guys like to keep things simple and deadly and ugly ones… well, they just want to laugh at the world burning. Player will be able to choose a skill tree (we call them “Paths”) before each level, so that you try out which one suits you best for every particular level. New abilities will unlock after completing a level.
- Guns - For a bounty hunter, chasing down gangsters is a livelihood. And to be good at your work, you need the best tools available. With the money Jack will acquire, he’ll be able to buy new guns with different properties, like accuracy, number of bullets or range.
To find out more about the game visit Website
or our Blog