2015-11-27: title added to greenlight with the title of 'Blue Portals: Anniversary Edition'
2015-12-14: status changed from 'Waiting' to 'Greenlit'
2016-06-03: item has been marked as Incompatable
2016-06-04: item has been marked as Compatable
2018-03-14: status changed from 'Greenlit' to 'Released'
Blue Portals is a unique Source Engine modification created for the original Portal, developed entirely by two people and released in November 2010 - five years ago! And in honor of its fifth anniversary, we've decided to bring it to Steam. Unlike most other Portal mods, Blue Portals focuses on sending the player through a series of puzzles with only a single portal under their control - the other being controlled entirely by the environment. These new tests include a unique art style, a new soundtrack, and fun new mechanics and test elements!
The mod also includes the Extended Play map pack, which was created after the initial release of the mod. Revisit the cleverly-named Blue Portals Development Center, now with control over both portals as you solve brand new tests with even more new mechanics - including the brand new ECHO Device that grants the power of punting objects and launching into the air!
While Blue Portals released in November of 2010 and can be downloaded now
), releasing via Steam would allow and motivate us to include a host of new features and improvements, including:
- Revamped assets, including brand new higher resolution textures and (possibly) new voicework.
- Bug fixes, performance improvements, and general enhancements.
- Easy installation, simply click to download!
- Improved packaging - no more loose files.
- Automatic updates (if needed).
- Steam achievements and cloud saves.
- Soundtrack available for free (composed by The Hamster Alliance)!
Blue Portals: Anniversary Edition will be released for free, though it will require you to own and install Portal.