2015-09-23: title added to greenlight with the title of 'Them's Fightin' Herds'
2015-10-01: status changed from 'Waiting' to 'Greenlit'
2016-06-03: item has been marked as Incompatable
2016-06-04: item has been marked as Compatable
2016-08-04: item has been marked as Incompatible
2016-08-04: item has been marked as Compatible
2018-02-06: status changed from 'Greenlit' to 'Released'
Them’s Fightin’ Herds is a 2D fighting game with adorable animals in an original universe designed by Lauren Faust (producer and developer for "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic"; creator, director and developer for "Super Best Friends Forever"). It is the spiritual successor to “Fighting is Magic”, with improved gameplay mechanics and graphics, an entirely new (and awesome!) dynamic music system, a graphic lobby, and a whole bunch of new features.
- 4-button Fighting: A-Light, B-Medium, C-Heavy, D-Magic.
- Magic System: Emphasize your character’s special abilities through a dedicated button and a unique resource.
- Juggle Decay: Opponents become gradually heavier during a combo, but ONLY after the juggle decay bar is filled. This manages combo length without imposing a hard limit. In addition, filling the juggle decay bar prevents standing infinites by removing the opponent's ability to remain standing for the rest of that combo.
- Enhanced Super Attack: Spend an additional meter to add utility to your main super attack with effects that stay true to the characters’ unique personalities and talents!
- Dynamic Music System: Rockin’ character themes that adapts in the heat of the battle makes every fight a treat to the players AND the spectators.
- GGPO powered netplay for the smoothest possible fighting game experience.
- Ranked/unranked matchmaking for quick and efficient fightin’.
- Visual lobby which allows players to explore (read: Goof around in) locations within the world of Fœnum with other players. Customize your avatar with cosmetic items you collect through exploration and single/multiplayer gameplay!
We are doing our crowdfunding for the game RIGHT NOW! Not only could you get some sick gear and sweet bonuses but, most importantly, you’ll be helping to make this game a reality and become part of our history.Come help support our crowdfunding at http://igg.me/at/ThemsFightinHerds
Thank you for your interest and support of our game!
- Gameplay: Arizona tramples all over her foes with devastating headbutt attacks. She can quickly close distance and maintain her proximity with her amazing lasso skills!
- Keep close to your enemies with your above average movement speed and shorthops, then maintain momentum with your lasso grabs! Get in and stay in, as most of your basic attacks do not reach very far on their own!
- Gameplay: Velvet's ice cold magic stops opponents in their tracks. She'll allow you to admire her beautiful sculptures, but only from a distance!
- Control your opponent's movement with your magical ice crystals from afar. Velvet channels her magic faster the farther she is from her opponent. Keep them out of your personal space!
- Gameplay: Paprika is quick on her feet and confusing in her approach. Her attacks are bewildering and full of fluff. Don't breathe that!
- This playful alpaca has tricky movement and specials to confuse opponents. Add even more variables to the fight with her randomized magic attack!
- Gameplay: Oleander literally uses every trick in her demonic book to devastate her opponents. As she reads, her power grows and a horrifying creature makes its presence known!
- Initially Oleander only has enough magic to cast one type of projectile. Her gameplay transforms completely when she gains additional knowledge from reading her book, allowing teleportation, casting of spells mid air and explosive traps!
- Gameplay: Pom is the unwilling leader of a pack of protective puppies. Watch your step, as her supporters are more numerous than you realize!
- Puppet style gameplay allows you to control Pom and her puppies simultaneously to control a huge part of the battlefield! Bounce your opponent off of a carefully laid obstacle course of puppies for the KO!
- Gameplay: Tianhuo, Captain of the Imperial Guard strikes from above, below and all around! Flexible, aerodynamic, and explosive, she is a real firecracker!
- Flight based attacks keep your opponent’s head in the clouds! Cancel any and all of your attacks into her Firecracker Magic attack to overwhelm your opponents, or use it to move quickly across the stage.
Fœnum is a world inhabited entirely by sentient four legged, hoofed mammals.
Across the land, these creatures have thrived much as we humans have, building societies and creating cultures revolving around the natural environment their particular species is indigenous to.
Right now, Fœnum is dominated by these hoofed mammals, but this was not always the case. Long ago, the very lives of the Fœnicians were threatened daily by the presence of PREDATORS. Toothy, carnivorous beasts who were eventually BANISHED to a magical realm generations ago, ushering in a prosperous and peaceful era for for the grateful grass eaters.
But the time of peace is almost over. Countless packs and prides of Predators have discovered a way to escape their supernatural prison and are on the verge of infiltrating Fœnum en masse, led by the greatest and most horrible of them all!
And so each nation of Fœnum has sent their strongest, bravest, most skilled of their race to face the Predators’ Leader and close the portal of the prison realm with an enchanted key. But it is up to each of these “Key Seekers” to become the one and only “Key Keeper” by securing the key for themselves – even if it means to take it by force! Which it does.
Who will claim the key? Who will face the terrifying leader of the predators? And will she save Fœnum? You will have to play to find out!