KABOUNCE is a high octane, team versus team, third person pinball game. You are the ball! The goal is to ricochet off objects to claim them, receive points, and change them to your team colour. Scoring turns in your points. When the game ends, the highest scoring team wins.
KABOUNCE was originally born during the Unreal Engine 4 July Game Jam 'Rocket & Roll' it ended up winning the competition in an early prototype state. The initial prototype was developed in roughly 40 hours - we continued development in early August. The goal now is to turn KABOUNCE into a fully functional game – completely free to play on Steam!
As of writing we have been in full time development for approximately four weeks. Please take this under advisement when judging the project in its current state!
KABOUNCE is being developed by a team of three third year game development students hailing from the Netherlands of NHTV’s University of Applied Sciences in Breda. We chose to put to practice what was taught to us and develop a game outside of our curriculum.
- If you like the video, and what you read – please consider giving us a vote up! Thank you!
- Don’t like it? Please let us know why in the comment section. We might be able to improve it in the future!
- Neon. Yes.
- Bounce, Roll, Dash and Boost your way through a pinball inspired level!
- Intuitive Physics based controls
- Multiplayer, team versus team
- Use your energy resource to outmaneuver your enemies – or destroy them
- Score points by bouncing against bumpers or taking it from your opponents
- Quick bounce successions grant combo point multipliers
- Highest score at the end of the round wins!
- More Pretty things! - Like... Neon!
- Match Leaderboards
- Integrated Scoreboard
- Particle Customisation
- More game modes
- Everything is better with Achievements!
How expensive will KABOUNCE be?
- Final tweaks and polish to current game mode
- Menu interface
- Pre and post-match interface
- Sound Effects and Particle Effect overhauls
- First version of Game Mode #2
- Early Access
- >Roadmap update.
KABOUNCE will be completely free in the steam store if we get greenlit.So... how will you get paid for your work then?
Short answer, we don’t expect to get paid. Longer answer – we hope to receive recognition, portfolio pieces etcetera!Will there be Single Player?
We would really like to deliver a single player version, yes! However, it is not high on the priority list, currently.Additional Game Modes?
Definitely! We have a few additional – multiplayer mayhem and mini-game – concepts on paper that we are looking to explore!Will there be Early Access?
Yes. We are already working hard to have an Early Access build available to the public.Do we need a gamepad to play?
A gamepad or a keyboard will both suffice.What are the Minimum PC specs?
We'll try to put up a tentative spec list soon.
Currently we have tested the game at maximum graphics with a four year old budget desktop PC with no stability issues whatsoever. Specifications:
Processor: AMD Phenom II - x4 955E
RAM: 4GB DDR 3
GFX: AMD Radeon HD 6700
We will of course release the game with graphics options, and we do aim to keep minimum and maximum requirements as low as possible.Check back, we will keep you up to date with regular DevBlogs!
And...Bookmark our website - http://www.kabouncegame.com