2015-08-23: title added to greenlight with the title of 'Voxel Turf'
2015-09-15: status changed from 'Waiting' to 'Greenlit'
2016-06-03: item has been marked as Incompatable
2016-06-04: item has been marked as Compatable
2016-06-14: item has been marked as Incompatible
2016-06-15: item has been marked as Compatible
2016-07-30: item has been marked as Incompatible
2016-07-30: item has been marked as Compatible
2017-08-10: status changed from 'Greenlit' to 'Released'
Voxel Turf is a block based city builder/action adventure game. Build cities or destroy them. Start businesses or rob them. Nurture your citizens or subjugate them. Build a real estate empire, or perhaps just drive around and blow stuff up. Its your choice! Voxel Turf allows you to be the force of benevolence or the agent of chaos in a city of your creation.
You can explore, expand, modify and destroy every block of every building. The best part is that you can do it all with your friends in a multiplayer game!
- Build amazing structures with over 15,000 types of blocks in over 100 categories.
- Build sprawling cities with either the over 50 prebuilt buildings, or build your own in-game!
- Wide range of vehicles including cars, a tank, helicopters and even a rideable shopping trolley!
- Earn cash from either completing missions, or managing a real estate empire.
- Destroy and vandalise areas with explosives, weapons and tanks.
- Interact with citizens and complete missions to earn money and goodwill, or cause mayhem and chaos.
- Decorate blocks with paint and decals
- Various non-cube construction blocks, including ramps, stairs, steps, allowing you to build things like pitched roofs and ultimately more realistic looking buildings.
- Build intricate contraptions using switches, mechanisms and circuits
- Explore and raid bandit bases for loot.
- Build bases and fortify them to project your power over your territory. Have turf wars with other players to capture territory!
- Multiplayer over LAN or Internet. Either compete, cooperate or just muck around with other players.
- Soundtrack of over 80 minutes in length
- Lua scripting for easy moddability with a C++ scratch-coded base game engine for performance.
Development StatusStage 1:
Voxel Engine - Complete
Buildable/destructable environment, multiplayer and physics engines. Mechanisms. Weapons and vehicles.Stage 2:
City Building Mechanics - Complete
Place and demolish buildings, roads and bridges. Earn income from buildings. Turf wars.Stage 3:
Mission System - Mid Development.
Interactions with NPCs and missions. Story missions. Weapon mods. Notoriety system.
We anticipate the game will be ready in mid 2016. News will come out as the game approaches completion, with weekly updates starting soon.Be sure to follow this page for updates!