2016-06-03: item has been marked as Incompatable
2016-06-04: item has been marked as Compatable
2016-07-06: item has been marked as Incompatible
2016-07-06: item has been marked as Compatible
2018-01-26: status changed from 'Greenlit' to 'Released'
Join the Group for weekly updates Here!
Check out the Kickstarter for more information about Kotosha Kotosha
is a turret defense game that brings real time fun to a genre that I feel has lost its way. This game is not a FPS, it is not multi-player, it is an old fashioned TD game with brand new features, such as;
- Path selection - Choose a path by selecting which wave you will face next.
- More ways to Play - Towers, Magic, and Environment are all factors that can be manipulated to win the game.
- Environment - Destroy mountains to cause rock slides, Rip down trees for extra resources, and more.
- Turret vs Tower - Choose to upgrade either the turret top or the tower base for unique strategies.
- Gridless Building - You can build a tower wherever you please, as long as its not atop of another tower.
The Why(s) of Kotosha
The goal for us isn't to make a great story, not that we don't want a good story, we just want to focus on gameplay. We want to make a game that has replay- ability because it’s fun, not just to get all the achievements or to unlock everything, but because you want to play it again. That’s our main goal.
To do that, each level has secrets, selectable pathing, and unique perks per level, inter-actable environment and a lot more. I will update the page every week with the features and towers that have been added, oh, and the levels.
Update 1 - Multiplayer
After talking with the guys, we decided to add a couple goals to our Kickstarter, if those goals are reached we'll have enough funding to purchase servers for adding Online Multiplayer. We would love to add Online Co-op Campaign, Online Co-op VS, and Online 1v1 Ranked and non-Ranked.
If this is something you'd love in a TD genre game, please visit our Kickstarter
for more information and maybe pre-purchase the game for a low $5. (you'll get a steam key too if we get Greenlit.)