2016-06-03: item has been marked as Incompatable
2016-06-04: item has been marked as Compatable
2016-06-12: item has been marked as Incompatible
2016-06-12: item has been marked as Compatible
2017-10-04: status changed from 'Greenlit' to 'Released'
In Star Traders 2, you'll captain your ship, hand-pick your crew, and roam freely through a sprawling galaxy with freedom of choice in your goals, morality, and career. As Star Trader Captain, you'll lead your crew across the busy shipping lanes and shifting empires of the Quadrants. The universe around you is alive and reactive â€“ every member of your crew and every merchant, spacer, and smuggler you meet is a unique individual with personal motivations, strengths and weaknesses. The Quadrants await, and you will chart your own path in any diverse role of your choosing â€“ become a spy, pirate, or military officer â€“ the choices are unbounded. As the Captain, only your decisions will determine your fate â€“ will you earn fame and riches, or infamy and a swift kick out of the airlock?
Set against the backdrop of a complex political and economic simulator, this turn-based space RPG will challenge your Captain to maintain and upgrade your ship, assemble and train a veteran crew, and ride the turbulent winds of conflict and change in the galaxy. Mixing procedural and hand-crafted content, Star Traders 2, a new and unique experience will await each of your new Captains.
Star Traders 2 RPG is the sequel to the original lo-fi, high-strategy trading RPG by Trese Brothers Games. Star Traders 2 will continue the tradition of a deep, 2D and turn-based space-opera game set by its predecessor.
- Explore a huge game universe with over one thousand years of rich lore developed from our Star Traders games. Experience the galaxy from whatever role you choose for your Captain and ship. You can be a pirate, trader, bounty hunter, mercenary, spy or any blend that suits your style.
- Develop living relationships with the denizens of the quadrants you visit. Your choices will make friends and enemies among the Factions that hold power in space.
- Assemble and train your crew, developing them from lowly staff to bridge officers. Recruit and promote individual characters from the star systems and colonies you visit.
- Exploit the economic and cultural diversity of the quadrants to gain the upper hand in trading, smuggling and political dealings. Expand your commercial success by discovering new trade routes, trafficking rare goods or illicit cargo.
- Explore uncharted worlds, walk the halls of ancient palaces and lead your crew and officers on dangerous missions.