2016-10-15: title added to greenlight with the title of 'Tyr : Chains of Valhalla'
2016-11-08: status changed from 'Waiting' to 'Greenlit'
2018-03-30: status changed from 'Greenlit' to 'Released'
Because we love old-school games (the kind with little health, many enemies and need of skills and timing) we are making this project to create a great game with a good, challenging difficulty.
We have decided to join themes of platforming games such as Mega Man with other factors characteristic of games like Contra such as visuals, animations and difficulty.
We're hoping everyone can relive these good old memories where games were hard but entertaining and it was great to play over and over again.
Something about our game:
- We'll keep the dynamic gameplay of a 2D scroller, something that has proven to be simple and yet entertaining with elements of platforming.
- You will be able to use your creativity while crossing the different levels as you use and abuse the various weapons and skills that you will be coming across in the game.
- The difficulty of the game and the way it will be structured will offer enough challenge to give the players a feeling of achievement as you succeed in advancing through your adventure.
- The bosses are thought to alter the pattern of the normal gameplay and to be remembered by their difficulty, personality and obstacles they each represent to the player.
- A nostalgic feeling that we hope to awaken in every person that enjoys 2D shooting platformers, especially the old games that made us rage in the past but we hold dear in our hearts.
This futuristic epic adventure will allow you to travel around a world where technology knows no bounds and mankind depends on the megacorporation known as Yggdrasil, led by Dr. Oswal Din who strives to make the world a better place. It's his rival, Dr. Nikola, a dark character who will stop at nothing to achieve his ultimate goal of striking Yggdrasil, who will change the fate of the world.
Tyr must encounter powerful foes to defend the world and reestablish peace, stopping Nikola from succeeding his ambitious objective of bringing the planet into a new era of darkness: The Ragnarok.