2016-06-03: item has been marked as Incompatable
2016-06-04: item has been marked as Compatable
2016-06-12: item has been marked as Incompatible
2016-06-12: item has been marked as Compatible
2017-08-09: status changed from 'Greenlit' to 'Released'
"Hunted Cow’s best wargame yet" - Pocket Tactics"delivers everything one can expect from a strategy title" - Arcade Sushi"smart, challenging, and surprisingly substantial strategy game" - Pocket Gamer
Designed from the ground up Ancient Battle: Rome gives a unique wargaming experience. Use Roman legionaries, elephants, catapults, heavy and light cavalry, archers, slingers, fanatics and many other unit types to engage in classic battles.
The game features a total of 63 missions
, including 'Caesars campaign in Gaul' culminating in the classic siege of Alesia, and the campaign between Julius Caesar and Pompey the Great, including the battle of Pharsalus.
The new Mac edition includes all the campaigns from the iOS version such as the invasion of Brittania with the highlight of Queen Boudicca's demise at the battle of Verulamum, and Germania with the Roman massacre at Teutoburger Wald.
It also includes the infamous Parthia campaign where a whole Roman army perished in the desert and the Pontic campaign against Mithridates the Great. These later campaigns add fully armoured cataphracts, light and scythed chariots, light cavalry archers and the Greek Pike Phalanx to the game system.
- High Definition Ancient Era Graphics.
- 7 Mission Tutorial Campaign.
- 8 Mission Gallia Campaign playable as the Romans and Gaul.
- 8 Mission Italia Campaign playable as Caesar and Pompey.
- 8 Mission Britannia Campaign playable as the Romans and Britons.
- 8 Mission Germania Campaign playable as the Romans and Germans.
- 8 Mission Pontic Campaign playable as the Romans and Pontic
- 8 Mission Parthia Campaign playable as the Romans and Parthians
- 8 Mission Terra Incognita Campaign playable as the Romans
- 32 Unique Ancient Units.
- Detailed Combat Analysis
- Flank Attacks
- Hours of Gameplay.
Thank you for considering voting for us! :)
Note: If you have an iPhone, iPad or iPod you can download the iOS version of the game here!