2016-06-03: item has been marked as Incompatable
2016-06-04: item has been marked as Compatable
2016-07-15: item has been marked as Incompatible
2016-07-15: item has been marked as Compatible
2016-07-25: item has been marked as Incompatible
2016-07-25: item has been marked as Compatible
2017-12-29: status changed from 'Greenlit' to 'Released'
Use code logic to complete your missions in this 3D game starring Algo, a little robot dude. Use your algorithm special skills as your only weapons to program and optimize the right sequences of commands to beat the levels.This is still a work-in-progress game
Algo-Bot is a challenging 3D puzzle platformer game in where programming logic is your weapon.
In this game, you play a little round robot working in a power plant. To complete your missions, you will have to give orders to the robots to clean up the toxic waste laying there. Carry around big containers of the nasty stuff using commands to complete the objectives set by the power plant manager.
As the player, you donâ€™t directly control your friend Algo but instead, manipulate sequential commands to order him around and complete the level objective. In the beginning, youâ€™re limited to telling Algo where to go: straight, left, rightâ€¦ But donâ€™t think youâ€™re smart yet, it gets much more complicated when it comes to functions, variables, conditions, and other, more advanced, programming principles.
- Original 3D game that blends code logic and puzzles.
- Take revenge on math and train your algorithm skills as you play.
- Start with simple commands and gradually introduce more complex game mechanics related to programming with groups, functions, variables.
- Use advanced code language instructions to control several bots at the same time.
- Challenge your logic skills: donâ€™t be surprised if you play a level twice or more to optimize your solution.
- Bonus levels to be unlocked for real programming gurus.
- Stunning 3D graphics expected.
- Achievements and Leaderboards.
- Hours of thinking with your brain as only weapon.
- Level editor to bring your own madness to the game.
- Cooperative levels to challenge your friends (multiplayers asynchronous).
- Modding through in-game coding (only if we meet the 300K$ funding).
- Most horrible alpha soundtrack youâ€™ve ever heard. No, seriously, whatâ€™s the matter with that sound?
The game is currently in an Alpha playable stage.
Programming aspects covered throughout the game (actually what you can learn)
- Sequential command lines with limited syntax
- Planning a program (mentally run code and debug it)
- Variables management
- Variables casting
- Recursive Functions
- Debugging, breakpoints
- Optimization strategies
- Groups of objects
- Multi-threading (control several entities at the same time)
- Advanced language instructions (LUA to get started, more languages coming)
Algo-Bot was born from a collaboration between our studio and a training center, Technobel. The goal of the project was to create a game that will help people grasp the essential skills of logic that the programming craft requires. You are not just learning to code, you play with its concepts. In addition to learning mathematical and computational ideas (such as variables and conditions), you are also learning the strategies for solving logical problems. These skills are not just useful for computer scientists but for everyone, regardless of age, background, interests, or occupation.
From that first version, we thought about a game allowing virtually anyone to play with it.
[quote=Steve Cathy, Examiner.com] I've played through several levels, and so far I can tell that Fishing Cactus has a good thing going (...) I'd highly recommend pledging to this cause, as Algo-Bot has found my favor [/quote] [quote=Boulapoire, Gamekult] Only two worlds were accessible to the editorial team but it gave us a very positive feedback on the learning mechanics.[/quote] [quote=Arkehyna, Mondes Persistants] Having fun while learning something, that's a nice concept! [/quote]
- Â« Best Serious Game HR-Training. Â» Serious Game Expo, 2013
- Â« Top 5 Indie Prize. Â» Indie Prize Showcase at Casual Connect, 2013
Follow Algo-Bot on Twitter
Like Algo-Bot on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
Stay up-to-date with our development on our blog